ReStore Retail Hours
Tuesday through Saturday
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tuesday through Saturday
10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Oak Patch Road & West 11th1210 Oak Patch Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
Donate a Vehicle to Habitat
Did you know that the automobile is the most heavily recycled product? 94% of the metal in a car is recycled! When you donate a car to Cars for Homes™, Habitat’s car donation program, it is “recycled” to help families build homes.
By donating a car to Habitat’s Cars for Homes™ car donation program, you help your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate build houses in partnership with families in need of decent, affordable shelter.
It is quick and easy to donate cars, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles, construction equipment or other vehicles—running or not! Plus, when you donate your car, the automobile donation may be eligible for tax deduction purposes. (Consult the IRS or your tax adviser for details.)
HELP WANTED VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
Send resume and cover letter to Habitat for Humanity, 1210 Oak Patch Road, Eugene, OR 97402 or email to email@example.com by close of business May 20, 2013.
- Responsible for identifying, attracting, orienting, and supporting volunteers to support Habitat’s affordable housing program, and with special events and committees.
- Coordinates volunteer recruiting in consultation with construction, resource development, and other program components.
- Uses website and social media outlets for recruiting and communicating with volunteers. Habitat currently uses VolunteerUp, Vertical Response, Facebook, as well as MS Office software.
- Compiles volunteer data, construction waivers, and various other documentation and records.
- Develops printed materials and displays for use in attracting and communicating with volunteers and friends of Habitat.
- Arranges for and makes presentations to various groups and potential volunteers in consultation with the executive director, development director, and ReStore staff.
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform under the guidance of the basic purposes, methods, and goals of Springfield/Eugene Habitat for Humanity.
- Ability to show tolerance to wide diversity of individuals – especially including those with different racial, cultural, ethnic, religious, social, or sexual orientations from the staff member's.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills enabling the staff member to make coherent and motivating presentations and develop the materials and reports indicated in the job description.
- Knowledge of and skills in computer functions and general software such as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, or similar software.
- Ability to quickly learn website maintenance using WordPress.
- Experience working with volunteers.
28 hours per week - day shifts with periodic evening meetings, and frequent weekend activities and events. $11.00 per hr.
Springfield/Eugene Habitat for Humanity is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International working to help end poverty housing in the greater Springfield and Eugene community. Habitat is founded on Christian principles and works in partnership with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, building safe, simple, decent, affordable houses for people in need.
We offer a caring hand up. We invite you to explore Habitat's work in the community and join in furthering its mission.
ReStore Volunteers Needed
The ReStore is looking for volunteers to work in the store on a regular basis (approximately 4 hours a week). We need help in the warehouse on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Both morning and afternoon times are available. Duties include accepting and cleaning donations and helping with pricing. Lifting is required.
We need customer service and cashier help on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Duties include helping customers find items, pricing and shelving donations, operating the cash register, and helping keep the store clean. Computer skills are helpful. Some lifting is required.
If you would like to join our great team of volunteers, contact the ReStore at 541-344-4809.